About the design:
Following the ascension of the Pahlavi Dynasty in 1925, Reza Shah ordered a group of Iranian jewelers, under the supervision of Haj Serajeddin Javaheri, to create a new crown to replace the Kiani Crown which had been used by the Qajar dynasty.
Inspiration for the new design was drawn from paintings and historical references to crowns used during the Sassanid Empire.
A staggering 3,380 diamonds, totaling 1,144 carats (228.8 g), are set into the object.
The largest of these is a 60-carat (12 g) and is currently on display at the Central Bank of Iran in Tehran.